Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Rob's pick for 6/16


This a disassembled L-shaped desk that I'm letting go.

I really struggled with this one, as I really wanted this a few years ago and was really happy to have it. However, the added work space never really helped and it was pretty darned big.

I though seriously about trying to save it, but even being as careful as I could, flat-packed furniture just does not stand up well to being taken apart and moved around a lot. This is the 3rd time I've had to disassemble it for moving, and the attachments for the screws are falling apart. Also, I noticed that the actual desk itself has started to sag in the middle quite a bit.

All in all, I probably could store it somewhere and put it back together at a later date, but with no real window on when we'd have enough space again to set it up, it just makes more sense to let it go.

Besides, next time, I may just build one.... :)

Fate: Trash (particle board) / Recycle (metal frame)

No comments:

Post a Comment