Friday, January 23, 2015

January 23rd

Today, I am letting go of this little silver case with a K on it.  It was a lovely gift, and I have held onto it for a while hoping to find a use for it.  I believe its intended purpose is to hold credit cards or other similar-sized items.  I thought about it, and I certainly don't need something shiny drawing my attention to my credit cards.  Especially since Dave Ramsey tells me I should get rid of them.

I always have the most difficult time getting rid of things that were gifts.  I need to remind myself that it doesn't mean I value the relationship I have with the gift-giver any less.  It simply means that the object does not have a useful place in my life anymore.

In any case, if your name is Kyle, Kiki, Keri or Ken, and you are looking for something with a K on it, you may luck out at the Apex Goodwill in the near future.




1 comment: